Welcome To My Journey.
I am a man, a husband, a father, a friend, in search of a lesser lifestyle.
This is my view of this journey and how it intertwines with my family, job, community, and relationship with God.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fun in the sun

I got up early again today. It seems that 6:30 am is my new wake up time. I took CC out to take care of business. I don't seem to mind, and that is what is surprising. I jumped in the truck and went to Walmart for coffee. Yesterday I was going to mow the grass around the trailer and let the rest go because it was so hot. I started push mowing and really enjoyed it. I ended up push mowing a lot more than I usually do. I ran out of gas and bush-hogged the rest. I did not mind the heat at all. I took my time, had several breaks, and drank plenty of water. We crammed all of us and a friend of my son (Veronica) into the Toyota Tacoma and headed to North Carolina. It was a crowded but fun trip. I stopped at my grandmothers old house and picked up some windows for the chicken coop. they will provide plenty of light and ventilation. We spent the night at my mom & Harolds. It was hot but nice to see them. My sisters Jeannette & Donna came over as did my grandpa Lamar (90 years old) and Agnus. Mom fixed chicken pie with all the fixings. I had brought my beans from the garden that Carla had fixed and they got ate up. We all piled back into the truck and headed to Brenda & Butch's (Carla's parents) house on the lake. We all sang songs until we got there. It was fun. We spent the evening at the lake. Me fishing (not catching anything) and the kids swimming.
Today will be a day of relaxation at the lake. I hope I will catch a fish or two. If I don't it will be all right. Carla's Mom Brenda is very kind to let us borrow her tiller. It will make thing go a lot better back at the homestead. I can't wait to get back and get started.
I saw that Peggy and William of Hidden Haven had lost a few animals due to the heat. I am really sorry and hope they get a break from the weather soon. Maybe even a little rain for the garden. It has been dry.
Well everyone else are starting to wake up. Krysta just came in and already has her bathing suite on. So, I better go get some coffee before its all gone. I will post some pictures later. Time to go take a dip in Lake Tillery to cool off.

No comments: